Tuesday 28 December 2010

INCEPTION


Got a copy of Inception for Chrimbo (merry xmas and a happy new year btw) and sat down to watch it on Boxing Day. Um... am I the only one that thinks that this film is seriously overrated? I mean, it looks great and I love the idea of a heist movie where the aim is to plant something somewhere instead of stealing something. I just found it really difficult to care about any of the characters. I didn't care about Leo, his two faceless kids or his moody French wife. I wasn't rooting for anybody in this film. I wasn't worried at any point about any character getting killed off. I kept waiting for the rug to be pulled out from under me but it didn't happen. There was nothing new here for anyone who has seen the Matrix, Dark City, 13th Floor or even The Truman Show or Fight Club. It's actually quite a pedestrian film. And the ending.....is it real or is it a dream? ....who cares? So disappointed

No comments:

Post a Comment