Tuesday 11 October 2011

FAN ART: THE HUMAN WONDER


Here we have my rendition of Gary Ochiltrees' time displaced golden-age superhero - The Human Wonder! Gary owns the Krypton Komics & Books store in Tottenham and has self-published 3 issues of "Tales of the Wonder Kind". Each 44 page issue features a main story, back-ups and (on the back) brilliant mock-up covers that look like genuine golden age comics. Issues can be ordered from the Kryptonkomics.com website.
I've also recently treated myself to a copy of Manga Studio Debut and the image above is the result of my first try-out of the software. I started off with a rough pencil image which I then scanned into MSD and inked on the computer. I've never inked anything in this way before so I wasn't too concerned with getting a nice, consistent, smooth line. If I can get a decent result after a lot of practice then I think this may be the way to go. It would certainly save a lot of time cleaning up my scans.

No comments:

Post a Comment