Saturday 8 October 2011

FAN ART: THE O-MEN


Came across this pic in one of my folders this morning. It's of some of the characters from Martin Edens' O-Men series. I started it ages ago but kinda forgot all about it. I went down the Greg Land route and based all the characters on real people. Miss Scarlett was based on the actress Jemima Rooper, Rob was based on David Beckham and Vixen was based on Becky from Corrie (yeah, I know, they're not great likenesses are they?). The others were based on random fasion/glamour models; I just changed the hair, clothes, accessories etc.
Some of it came out ok; I quite like Strange and Grace in the second panel. Some of it makes me cringe (Molly Valentine, Vixen's broad shoulders). Anyway, finishing off this piece has put me in the mood to do some more fan art. Watch out small pressers!

No comments:

Post a Comment