Friday 14 January 2011

END OF THE ROAD, FRECKLES.


Finally made it to the last episode of Lost. What a beautiful ending to probably the best T.V show I've ever seen. I had to really think about that afterwards. I really got into Buffy and the X-Files when they first aired over here but lost interest around series 3/4. Same with the Sopranos and the West Wing. I think the only shows that come close are Life On Mars/Ashes to Ashes (which, strangely, had a similar ending to Lost) and BSG. I know this show has had many detractors but I've loved it from beginning to end. Sure, season 2 was frustrating but no less fascinating (and it had Mr Echo!). The storytelling (even when it was clear they were making it up as they went along), the characters, the acting, the scripts, the direction -it was all superb. Loved the switch between flashbacks, flash forwards and "flash sideways". There was even that episode with Sunn and Jin where they employed both the flashback and flash forward techniques with heartbreaking effect. The final episode left me both happy and sad. Happy for the characters in the church at the end, sad that there will not be any more episodes to enjoy. Now what am I going to watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment